FOOD SERVICE CENTER (FSC)
The Food Service Center (FSC) is an important integral component of the institution. It is headed by a Coordinator who is directly reporting to the Dean of the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) imbued with all the powers, rights, duties and responsibilities stipulated by the existing laws of the Republic of the Philippines, as well as the rules and regulations of the school.
The Coordinator of the Food Service Center (FSC) shall hold at least a bachelor’s degree, or whenever possible a masteral degree, with specialization related to his/her job description, and, where applicable, a professional license requiring at least a bachelor’s degree. He/she must have at least five (5) years of satisfactory training and administrative experience in office work related to the job.
Philosophy of the FSC
The Food Service Center (FSC) under the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) believes that “the food one eats can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison;” hence, it is the primary responsibility of the Food Service Center (FSC) to promote and ensure that students get the right nutrition for their personal welfare and professional growth and development.
Goal of the FSC
The Food Service Center (FSC) under the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) intends provide a comprehensive and holistic nutrition program to promote and ensure that students get the right nutrition for their personal welfare and professional 69 70 growth and development. The Food Service Center (FSC) further intends to establish a school canteen which upholds the highest standards of proper food handling, sanitation, provision of healthy and nutritious food choices, and ensures that the safety of the students comes first.
Objectives of the FSC
- To provide the students a balanced and healthful environment to develop not just physically but paramount to their intellectual potential as future leaders in our society; and
- To ensure that the school canteen imposes certain rules and regulations for the students to follow that will help them continually develop selfdiscipline and good values.
Functions of the Coordinator of the FSC
- To establish and monitor the guidelines on canteen operation;
- To provide regular updates on the current situation of food preparation in Samar College canteen;
- To promote healthy food choices for students;
- To facilitate student participation and cooperation between teachers focusing on health awareness programs;
- To encourage proper waste disposal in food preparation and in the school canteen; and
- To ensure the protection of the environment through effective waste management measures.
- Supervision of school canteens
- Monitoring the guidelines on canteen operation
- Recommend healthy food choices for students
- Monday to Friday 8:00AM-12:00NN
- Main Canteen – Ground Floor, Founders Building
- Elementary Canteen – Ground Floor, Elementary/Highschool Building