The Medical and Dental Clinic (MDC) is an important integral component of the institution. It is managed by a Medical and Dental Staff headed by a qualified Head School Nurse who is directly reporting to the Dean of the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) imbued with all the powers, rights, duties and responsibilities stipulated by the existing laws of the Republic of the Philippines, as well as the rules and regulations of the school.
Philosophy of the MDC
The Medical and Dental Clinic (MDC) of Samar College believes that the “foundation of success in life is good health which is the substratum of fortune and is the basis of happiness;” hence, it is the duty of the office to make sure that the institution will produce quality graduates via an optimum health care program so they can be productive professionals of the society.
Goal of the MDC
The Medical and Dental Clinic (MDC) of Samar College intends to provide optimum health care to its clienteles which will include maintenance and restoration of health, giving specific focus on their awareness for the prevention of acquiring various types of diseases or conditions for their personal interest and the well-being of the entire school community.
Objectives of the MDCThe Medical and Dental Center (MDC) aims:
- to develop a high level of wellness;
- to promote awareness of prevention among its clienteles;
- to provide nursing care for the interest of the physical and mental comfort on the condition from which he is suffering;
- to promote environmental sanitation in school so as to maintain and provide an optimum healthy school premises; and
- to keep, update and maintain Medical and Dental records of each student.
- Medical assistance on first aid basis
- Tooth extraction and consultation
- Referral for particular illnesses
- Counseling for physiological illnesses
- Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 6:30PM
- Saturday 9:00AM - 5:30PM
Ground Floor Annex Building beside the stage