Scholarship Grants Offered
- 1. CHED Scholarship (Full Merit, Half Merit, Tulong Dunong, GAD, SNPLP)
- 2. School-Based (Entrance and Academic Scholarship and Extra Curricular Scholarship Grants)
- 3. LGU Sponsored
- 4. AFP Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE (SO)
The Scholarship Office (SO) is an important integral component of the institution. It is headed by an Office Head who is directly reporting to the Dean of the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) imbued with all the powers, rights, duties and responsibilities stipulated by the existing laws of the Republic of the Philippines, as well as the rules and regulations of the school.
The Office Head of the Scholarship Office (SO) shall hold at least a master’s degree, or whenever possible a doctoral degree, with specialization related to his/her job description, and, where applicable, a professional license requiring at least a bachelor’s degree. He/she must have at least five (5) years of satisfactory training and administrative experience in office work related to scholarship matters.
Philosophy of the Scholarship Office
The Scholarship Office (SO) of Samar College believes that education is the primary driving force for each and every individual to attain his/her fullest socio-economic 65 66 potential; hence, the Student Scholarship Office of Samar College should provide a firstclass financial assistance and related services in order to assist students in their pursuit of a higher education despite their financial incapability.
Goal of the Scholarship Office
Through a sincere commitment to all students and their families, the Scholarship Office (SO) of Samar College strives to eliminate all forms of financial and other barriers to the attainment of higher education of students. Within this premise, the Scholarship Office (SO) intends to provide a conscious effort to reach out to those with exceptional economic and educational needs and is dedicated to providing high-quality service in a fair, sensitive, and confidential environment to all individuals, regardless of background, culture, or lifestyle.
Objectives of the Scholarship Office
- 1. To encourage honor students to avail scholarship grants of the school during enrolment campaign;
- 2. To assist College Deans in the implementation of entrance and academic scholarship grants;
- 3. To assist students in applying for scholarship grants provided by the school, government and private sectors;
- 4. To facilitate billing of accounts to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Local Government Units (LGUs) for the release of financial assistance to students; and
- 5. To institutionalize a school-based organization composed of CHED scholars with the sole purpose of providing projects for social concerns and involvement
The Scholarship Office aims:
Functions of the Coordinator of the Scholarship Office
- 1. To provide linkage with government agencies, like the CHED, and nongovernment organizations (NGOs) to look for possible scholarship grants offered by the said government agencies and NGOs;
- 2. To offer scholarship grants to deserving students;
- 3. To assist students in securing application for such grants;
- 4. To facilitate the billing for payment of the scholarship granted or approved to students;
- 5. To encourage scholars to form an organization intended for social responsibility; and
- 6. To facilitate in the promotion of the scholarship grants offered in Samar College to students from the Basic Education level within and outside Samar College